[mythtv-users] CableCARD-enabled Vista PC takes two days + many people to install

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:58:49 UTC 2007

> Clearly, my setting up a MythTV system with FireWire in one day by
> myself was a more-impressive feat than I'd realized at the time!

Well, in Time Warner's defence, Anandtech was a little dumb, there.  Anyone
who's read about CableCard knows that the card and device are married, so
sticking the card in one of their TVs and then moving it to a PC is a dumb
thing to do.  After that, it was just signal strength issues, which anyone
with a PVR-500 can relate to.

Frankly, I'm impressed how well it worked once they got through those
issues.  It's impressive to see how well it all came together.  It sucks
Myth will likely never be able to leverage CableCard...

Brett.