[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Apr 5 19:46:13 UTC 2007

Peter Lee wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>> Bruce Markey wrote:
>>> You have been banned from this forum. Please contact the
>>> webmaster or board administrator for more information.
>>>
>> WTF?

Now that you guys are sufficiently irrate about how inappropriate
this is, go back and re-read the first message in the thread.

DataDirect has had a bug for about two week that causes listings
delivered through DD to have errors. Your listings have inaccuracies
whether or not you've noticed them or been affected.

I posted to their forum correcting a misstatement that the
bug was within myth and asked them the to acknowledge their bug
and set expectations for a resolution. Although they had not
responded to a dozen or more reports for this problem over the
past week or more, this posting drew a response in about five
minutes:

"You have been banned from this forum. Please contact the
webmaster or board administrator for more information."

They have since made the most minimal one line statement saying
that they are aware that there is a problem. They appear to be
trying to keep quiet about this and I won't know if they've
posted an acknowledgment because I am no longer allowed to
read their forum.

--  bjm

PS Yeechang has been trying to bait me into an argument assuming
he knows all and can speak for TMS regarding a message he hasn't
seen and takes the position that they must be right for banning
me if they did not like the points that I had made in response
to this issue. Well, Yeechang is deliberately trying to be
antagonistic (whereas that was not my intent or my 'tone' in the
message to TMS) and I don't like what he has to say. So should
he be banned from this list? Of course not.