[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu (SVN #13187)

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 5 17:54:01 UTC 2007

I just installed a upgraded (2200+ to 2800+Mobile) processor in this
computer and configure is not detecting it as a athlonXP mobile
processor. The cpu is used (works fine at 2.2GHz) but I have the specs
that the seller gave me if that helps. I am currently running it at its
rated freq and multipliers. Also below is the output from configure. How
can I help?

PN=AXMA2800FKT4C
Processor core=Barton
Socket 462 (A)
2133MHz real speed
bus 133MHz
multiplier 16
Stepping Codes AQXDA AQZFA
64k level one cache
512K level two cache

root at mythtv:~/myth/mythtv# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : Unknown CPU Typ
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2138.512
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mp mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up ts
fid vid
bogomips        : 4281.24

root at mythtv:~/myth/mythtv# ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-xvmc
--disable-xvmc-vld --enable-xvmc-opengl --enable-opengl-vsync
--disable-dbox2 --disable-iptv --disable-firewire --enable-dts

 *** WARNING ***
 Your CPU was not detected properly:
   uname -m: i686
   uname -p: unknown
 model name: Unknown CPU Typ
      flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mp mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up ts fid vid

 If you are using a recent checkout from
   http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
 please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
 With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"

# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr
CPU              x86_32 (model name     : Unknown CPU Typ)
big-endian       no
MMX enabled      yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
Apple Remote     no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    no
HDHomeRun sup.   yes
IPTV support     no

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     yes
DTS passthrough  yes

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support no
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
Mac acceleration no
OpenGL vsync     yes
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl    yes
Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak