[mythtv-users] Can a script be set to run before each

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Apr 5 16:55:37 UTC 2007

>>Again, "Please read the entire text as it explains exactly how to do
>>what you want.  Of course, because of all the people telling you to use
>>the channel change script, I posted the relevant text to this thread
>>already, but please read the text documentation in the lircrc.

>>Mike

Mike, I believe you missed the point. I DID read the entire text of the link you provided - more than once. It does NOT explain what I want to do.  It explains how to get mythtv to change channels on the satellite receiver using lirc/*; */it also recommends against using the discrete power_on button in the channel_change script./*
*/
/*changing channels works fine using the scripts and IR codes given in the mythtv documentation. What is missing is a way to make sure the receiver is ON when a recording starts!
*/
Leaving the receiver on all of the time looks like the best solution;   I just have to get my mind out of the vacuum tube days when we worried about the "useful life of the
valve".