[mythtv-users] MythTV: Front end hesitation over network

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Thu Apr 5 15:48:20 UTC 2007

The good news is I got MythFE working over the network. Tha other news is,
it pauses exery ten seconds or so for about a half second.

The back end is on a prism wireless connection configured vanilla.
Anything I can do to boost throughput? The router is d-link DI-624
"airplus xtreme". The FE is on 100 mb cat 5.

from /etc/sysconf/hwconf on the BE server.

class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: wlan0
driver: orinoco_pci
desc: "Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset"
network.hwaddr: 00:05:5d:ee:e7:e1
vendorId: 1260
deviceId: 3873
subVendorId: 1186
subDeviceId: 3501
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev:  6
pcifn:  0

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer