[mythtv-users] MythTV snv: Internal Player with mpeg2 files - wrong length and fast forward

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 5 15:23:07 UTC 2007

On 04/05/2007 11:03 AM, Stephane Blackburn wrote:
> When I watch Mpeg2 files in MythVideo with Internal Player, I have two
> problems.  I just reinstalled my frontend two times, using Ubuntu 6.10
> 32bits.  I'm pretty sure that I didn't have the problem previously.
>
> 1-The length of the file is always wrong... Ex: a 40min file show 129:23:24
> for the duration.
>
> 2-"Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"  when I try to fast forward.  I
> totally lose control for a few seconds or minutes.. It depends if it's a
> standard definition file or high definition.

Sounds like a broken seektable.  Run optimize_mythdb.pl (from the
contrib directory) and then set it up to run in a daily cron job.  If it
repairs the recordedseek table, you'll have to run "mythcommflag
--rebuild" once for /each/ recording that's affected (i.e. in which you
can't skip forward/backwards).  Then, if you also want commercials
flagged in the just-fixed show, you'll have to run "mythcommflag"
without the "--rebuild" argument (or just "mythcommflag --all").  See
"mythcommflag --help" for more.

Note, for your HDTV shows, you may have to use something like:
mythtranscode --buildindex --chanid <CHANID> --starttime <STARTTIME>
(replace <CHANID> and <STARTTIME> with appropriate values).  Again, see
the "mythtranscode --help" output for more.

Mike