[mythtv-users] Best hardware to build dual tuner? (HD(QAM) + Analogue, but run out of slots)

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:57:09 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Jim Kelly <jimkel at mail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The HDHomerun costs $169.00 as oposed to $39.00 for the KWorld 110
>
> i'm not sure i understood your question then Jim.  i thought you were
> looking for a dual tuner solution that handled HD/QAM/Analogue.  the HDHR
> fits that requirement...
> maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you're looking for?

The HDHomeRun does not have any MPEG encoder capability, so it does
not support analog channels.

I have an HDHomeRun unit, and I like it very much.  I also think the
ease of integration and flexibility of the HDHR is worth paying a bit
extra for (no kernel driver requirements, you just talk to it over the
network).    But, I would definitely buy an HDHR unit that also
supported analog tuning/encoding - if they ever add new models.