[mythtv-users] Help sponsor MythTVMultiplex.

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:48:48 UTC 2007

On 05/04/07, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> The pledge idea didn't work in the past though.  We could debate the
> different ways that the pledge could or should work but when it comes
> down to it, we have what seems to be a developer sanctioned mechanism
> for donating towards the implementation of a great piece of
> functionality.

That is the way I see it as well, we tried the pledge and it didn't work;
next model please. As the devs involved (and OSP) are happy with this
approach I am happy to contribute this way.

As an Aussie that is sick of this issue with overrunning programs, I
> was tossing up the idea last week of buying a whole new slave BE/FE
> and a couple of tuner cards to resolve the problem, with the total
> cost being $700+.  Today, I instead pledged the 25 Euros (about AU$40)
> and will hopefully help eliminate the problem this way.

I am in a similar situation, although the number of useful muxes on a single
transport is limited in AUS, the ability to overlap recordings with a single
tuner is my most desired feature.

I will definitely contribute to this, just as soon as I sort out the Pay Pal
account. Seems it is "locked" and I need to call them or something.

Cheers,

Roo.