[mythtv-users] Hard Lock on FE/BE System Going into or Leaving EPG from Live TV

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:19:55 UTC 2007

On 05/04/07, Dale Christ <grosserhund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everytime I go to access the listings, my backend (combined FE/BE) dies.  I
> also noticed that when I try to manually update the listings, that it stalls
> when mythfilldatabase gets the sessions from the database and never
> recovers.  when I run top, there is always a mysqld process that eats up
> 98-100% of a CPU (I have an Athlon 64 X2-4600)

Yikes, that doesn't sound good. :(

A corrupt database shouldn't lead to a totally hung system... at least
not the type of hang I've been seeing (where you can't even ping the
box)... All of the MySQL database corruptions I've seen resulted in
errors coming back straight away (and, corresponding, zero
results/empty table). If the processes are getting stuck, I might
wonder if there's a bad sector on the disk.... don't want to jump to
conclusions, but maybe something to keep in mind...
--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent