[mythtv-users] AppleTV as mythfrontend?

Earl Shannon Earl_Shannon at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 5 12:46:59 UTC 2007

Negatives are in the eye of the beholder,

Yes, its bigger.  So?  The ATV is white and the Xbox is Black.

Noisier? Might be. But is an Xbox too noisy? If you can hear an Xbox
over the people talking in your movie you've got some ears.

More power.  I Don't know. It probably does. After all it does
have that pesky optical disk in it.  May cost me a
few extra cents a month to use an Xbox instead of the ATV.

Output options? How many do you need? I get Component video
and Toslink on my Xbox with the right adapter.

Slower Cpu and Less memory. Who cares? It's doing its job isn't it?
Do I need a V8 with 400HP to drive to work in the morning? No.

What it boils down to is what do you need, want, and can afford?
Right now the ATV is too expensive an option to use as a
Mythfrontend for me. If it will work for you great!