[mythtv-users] Can a script be set to run before each

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 5 03:00:04 UTC 2007

On 04/04/2007 08:56 PM, Gary wrote:

 >>> Are you using DISH?  If so,
 >>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/DISHNetworkLIRCConfiguration
 >>> . (Please read the entire text as it explains exactly how to do
 >>> what you want.)
 >
 > I already have the irblaster changing channels for me;

Still, I recommend using the lircrc provided.  Chances are yours uses
inexact codes--likely raw codes--that are far more likely to fail
(especially over time).  And, the one provided has a) codes for all
buttons, b) codes for all remote channels, and c) discrete power buttons.

There is no reason to use any of the other broken lircrc's you can get
from the LIRC site.  Really, the one people should be encouraged to use
is this one.  And, if you're "afraid" to use it because it's not from
the LIRC site, download it from
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/dishnet/Dish_Network .

 > the problem
 > is age is creeping up on me and I forget to turn on the satellite
 > receiver when I schedule something to record, and end up getting 1
 > 1/2 or 2 hours of blank screen!!!
 >
 > I was under the impression that all I had for power control was an
 > _/*on/off toggle*/_; but when I took another, closer, look at the
 > remote-code list I saw the codes for power_on and power_off, and they
 > work. (they do not toggle the power)
 >
 > The link you provided, indicated that there was too much of a delay
 > between issuing the power_on command and the power actually coming
 > on, for the change-channel to be recognized by the satellite
 > receiver;
 >
 > Any comments or suggestions about how this problem might be
 > circumvented ---when a scheduled recording is started, when does
 > mythtv send the channel change command to the irblaster script?  Is
 > there a delay that can be programmed in the script to cause a delay
 > in the script sending the channel change to the satellite receiver?

The entire text--that I asked you to read--includes the text
documentation at the top of the lircrc...

Again, "Please read the entire text as it explains exactly how to do
what you want.  Of course, because of all the people telling you to use
the channel change script, I posted the relevant text to this thread
already, but please read the text documentation in the lircrc.

Mike