[mythtv-users] how to disable the delete recording option ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 4 23:26:28 UTC 2007

On 04/04/2007 06:11 PM, Tony Lill wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's still true, but I think that if the file can't be
> removed, the database entries are left alone.

Yes.

>  That was causing a
> problem a while back where you couldn't delete a program if the file
> got removed, so it might have been fixed.

It would hardly be a fix to delete from the database when the file was
still there (orphan file)--just as vice versa (orphan database entry)
would be bad.

It was fixed so that if the file /doesn't exist/ you can tell it to
delete from the DB, anyway.  If the file's there, but undeletable, it
disappears from the recording list, then it comes back a bit later.

Mike