[mythtv-users] Can a script be set to run before each scheduled recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:44:39 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, Donald Webster <fryfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can sort of use the "external channel change" script to achieve
> it.  That is how I deal with my crappy firewire STBs.

Exactly - this is how I dealt with the tinny audio issue present in
older versions of the ivtv driver. The channel change script was
always called as I was using the Composite input - so I just called
another script to manipulate ivtv-ctl (and send to background) and
reset the audio input.

If you do use this method, you *must* ensure that the channel change
script returns quickly, otherwise MythTV will think tuning has failed
and abort the recording.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: