[mythtv-users] Adding a function to the front end menu

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:30:40 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Mon Mar 26, 2007 at 03:09:13PM -0400, Brian Walter wrote:
>
>> What all is involved in adding an additional application/function to the
>> front end?  Does it require me to go off and write code?
>>

> Just make a button in your mainmenu.xml file with something like this
> for the action:
>
> <action>EXEC /path/to/my/fancy/dancy/slingplayer_under_wine.sh</action>
>
> I know this has been mentioned quite a few times on the lists and there
> may even be a howto on the wiki somewhere.
>
> --
> Chris

Thanks!  That got the option to show, and, to execute.  However, I now
have a windowing issue (I get sound from slingplayer, but, the
mythfrontend remains on top), and interestingly enough, I don't get the
application in an 'alt-tab' search.  I've been searching the archives,
and have probably just no figured out how to word it, but, have come up
with nothing relevant so far.

Is what I'm trying to do even doable?

TIA
Brian