[mythtv-users] Can a script be set to run before each scheduled recording

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Wed Apr 4 16:31:00 UTC 2007

My Equipment:
pvr150 capture card -- no remote and no ir receiver; I am using the
composite input on the pvr150
Mythtv is configured to change channels on a set top satellite receiver
     using an irblaster attached to the serial port on the pc.

What I would like to do - with a script, before each recording -   is
test to see if a signal is present (ie is the satellite receiver turned
on)  and if not, then turn it on using "irsend"

Is this feasible?

Gary