[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Apr 4 15:51:15 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Apr 03, 2007 at 11:45:59PM -0400, Rich West wrote:
>
>> hehe..  Yes, last season was pretty bad.  I can't tell you how many
>> episodes of "Without A Trace" last season I had to download (Without A
>>

> And we don't want to know.  Besides the fact that the devs have asked
> people not to talk about downloading recordings like this on the mailing
> lists, it also isn't too bright to post about it in a public 'forum'
> like this which is logged and searchable via multiple methods.

Ouch.  Talk about taking it the wrong way.  Chill..  And try not go out
of your way to be so offensive with comments like "it also isn't too
bright".  Personally, I couldn't care less (both about the way the
response was worded and the fact that I admitted to downloading an
episode of a show after watching the first 45 minutes only to find it
was truncated (thus missing the critical end) because of a scheduling
shift) but you might get the wrong reaction from others.

I was simply responding to a humorous response on a topic that has had
some pretty hefty flaming going around.  Rather than adding to the
flame, I agreed with the responder.  There really isn't a need to create
another flame contest in this thread.

Although I still find it kind of humorous that I wasn't the only one
suffering from the domino effect of things running over. :)  It is
amazing just how critical that guide data really is!

-Rich