[mythtv-users] Running Game Console and Need Help

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Apr 4 15:32:15 UTC 2007

Adam Branaugh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently got a Playstation 2 for free and would like to hook it up
> to myth to play (I only have a monitor and no TV), I get video to
> display fine but the button response takes a couple seconds.  I
> relized the problem here was that Myth was recording it so I tried the
> same thing with mplayer and had the same problem.  Xawtv and TVtime
> does not work with the PVR-150 card.  So my question is how can I
> bypass recording everything that is going on so I can play the games
> without any delay when I push a button?  I don't need it to play in
> the myth player I can use another player but which one should I use?

Just connect your PS2 to the TV and stop trying to shove it through your
computer.  *All* video capture cards will introduce delay because it is
capturing the data at some level even if you are not saving it.  I have
*never* understood why people want to run their consoles through
MythTV.  Just buy a cheap switchbox if you don't have enough inputs on
your TV.

Kevin