[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend - wifi - Wave 54 USB

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 07:39:26 UTC 2007

I tried the other way around :
have the BE send the stream through a WIFI USB dongle (some netgear 54G something). Not really reliable. But as soon as the BE is wired, using remote FEs  wirelessly via their miniPCI wireless cards is very efficient. I have no problems receiving video streams that way. Problems only occured when both the BE and my FEs were using the wireless bandwidth of my wlan-g network.
But I would like to avoid using my  wlan as much as possible, good old ethernet bandwidth is way better.

J.

Franchini Roberto <roberto.franchini at salvagninigroup.com> wrote:              Hello.
  Is there anybody ho is currently and successfully using a remote frontend over a wifi connection?
  I&#8217;m trying to use a dongle Wave 54 from Digicom (driver ZD1211rw) on Fedora core 6 and I&#8217;m experiencing a lot of troubles.
  In the end it works, but I have to plug it in once booting is completed and the connection speed is not enough.
  Real speed is 24Mbyte/s, which allows watching live TV, but is not reliable with recorded shows and dvx player (segmentation fault, stuttering images, &#8230;).
  Anyone who can help me?
  Thanks
  Roberto