[mythtv-users] Serial IR rx/ blaster

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 07:24:15 UTC 2007

there's also /etc/lirc/hardware.conf  ;)
if lirc needs to load a kernel module at boot time, it has to be mentioned in that file. Or maybe you don't need a kernel module. In any case, you need to specifiy which lirc driver lircd should use, this has to be mentioned in this file as well. I have a IRA3-OEM universal receiver in my box, connected to an on-board COM port. I use /dev/ttyS1 as the IR device node and  I do not need a kernel module, just the irman lib for driving the IR receiver (lirc supports libirman).

I hope this helps,
J.

Sreeram Kumar <Sreeramkumar at yahoo.com> wrote: Sorry for my earlier post. the subject was wrong.

Sreeram Kumar wrote:
> I bought the powerful one (24.99) from ebay's lirc
and mythtv store by mark (saturnpc.net). I
disconnected the hauppauge ir tx/rx and connected the
above one to my serial port. I thought everything will
work magically :) nothing works. I used the lircd.conf
which was built on hauppauge remote. Also, I used the
lircd.conf from the source forge which controls my
dish box. How do I solve this puzzle now? Please let
me know

Thanks