[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:44:11 UTC 2007

I would like to know if there are any plans to have an interface to edit
programming, like we know datadirect is outdated and we can correct it in a
way is not going to get overwritten by the next mythfilldatabase run. This
is what I am thinking:

- Having a "xmltv source" field in the program table and some easy interface
to modify programming entries. these will have a "manual" value in there
that mythfilldatabase will not overwrite (unless a flag is passed to it)
- Having the option to share "corrections" and manual entries between mythtv
users, either through a central server or some sort of distributed network.
This should have a provision to prevent sharing information from datadirect.

Is anything like this already in the works?