[mythtv-users] System freezes, Live TV and recordings

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:37:34 UTC 2007

On 03/04/07, nightshade at podiluk.com <nightshade at podiluk.com> wrote:

> My system freezes into a hard lockup and I have to hit the reset button to
> fix. This is somewhat a random problem but happens more at certain times
> and also at different spots. This is going to be hard to explain and I've
> not been able to find anything in the archives.

Do you have real-time threads enabled? I had a stable system for a long time
(almost three years), and then a few weeks ago I turned that feature on and
started seeing random lockups (usually during LiveTV, especially when using
the EPG to pick a new channel). Once I turned off real-time threads my
system has gone back to being stable.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with
next."
        -- Arthur Dent