[mythtv-users] Myth Front End can't connect with database

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Tue Apr 3 19:00:14 UTC 2007

Newbie. I installed mythfrontend plus dependencies on my laptop using the
MythDora 3.2 DVD image. The back end is MythDora as well. I changed the
back end from 127.0.0.1 (two places, same screen in mythsetup) to
192.168.1.66 (IP mildly changed to give pitifully little protection). Myth
on the server still works, so I assume the changes took in both places.

mythconverge user and password mythtv/mythtv, the default.

On the server as root, I ran:

  mysql -u root mythconverge

Then, in mysql> I ran

  grant all on mythconverge.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified as "mythtv";

  flush privileges;

Both returned with 0 records updated, which I accepted as success (because
I didn't expect any recoprds to change).

Now when I go into mythfrontend on the laptop, it goes into the config
screens with the message that it can't connect with the database.

What should I check/do?

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer