[mythtv-users] How do I kill a Live TV connection?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 3 18:02:21 UTC 2007

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Robin Gilks wrote:
>
>>> I ran mythfrontend on my laptop and the laptop froze (unrelated to
>>> myth). When I restart the laptop and mythfrontend and then try to get
>>> back into Live TV, Myth claims the connection is in use and that I must
>>> delete it. However, I cannot find where in the frontend to delete that
>>> connection. The only way I have been able to do so so far is to restart
>>> the backend. Is there a less disruptive way to kill that Live TV
>>> connection? How?
>>>
>> I go into Watch Recordings, change group to LiveTV and then use 'i' (info)
>> and scroll down to the Stop Recording item and select it. Don't forget to
>> recordings have gone:-)
>>

> Robin, that seems to work. Thank you very much!

For what it is worth, I think a majority of the people reading the list
understood what you were originally asking, which is why you got such a
quick and accurate answer (hey, it *was* less than 6 hours, from near
midnight EDT to ~6AM EDT).

Slightly off topic, but, as you get more used to MythTV, you can look
forward to the fact that you will probably find that you use the LiveTV
functionality less and less. :)  More than likely, you will get to the
point where you don't use it at all (just add more disks and record a
lot more!) since the auto commercial skipping gives you back some
precious viewing time. ;)

The "in use" error message is definitely a pain.  When I started
tinkering with MythTV in November of last year, the general consensus
was that it really shouldn't give you an error message at all; that, if
on error, it should redirect you to the recordings menu with the LiveTV
filter view enabled.  However, that would take some implementation
effort, and, since there is a pretty straight forward work-around, it
was (is) deemed very low priority.

-Rich