[mythtv-users] Commercial skip & next weeks preview

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 3 17:09:35 UTC 2007

On 04/03/2007 12:39 PM, Tim Phipps wrote:
> Sorry to butt in at the end of this discussion, but I couldn't help noticing
> the irony of not wanting the commercial skipper to skip over "next weeks
> preview". I wish the commercial skipper worked in the UK, and if it did, I'd
> be even more delighted if it skipped bits like "coming up later" etc.

Basically, all this does is prevent a commercial skip that will take you
to within 10 seconds of the end of the recording.  Therefore, if you
think the show is over, you can just exit.  If you don't know if the
show is over, but you want to exit if it is but are afraid to miss
something, you can hit the manual commskip key, and--if it would skip to
within 10 seconds of the end of the recording--it will tell you "At End,
can not Skip," so you'll know the commflagger says there's nothing but
commercials (and next week's preview and ...) at the end, so you can exit.

Mike