[mythtv-users] Commercial skip & next weeks preview

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 3 15:45:31 UTC 2007

On 04/03/2007 11:04 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> I saw the commit before I saw this. My thanks to you. Especially thanks
> from my wife, now she can see the end of Survivor as it should be... :)
> I will be compiling shortly...

Thanks should go to Chris Pinkham.  He had the harder job of a)
re-testing everything again (devs always have to re-test patches), and
b) noticing that the approach I used changed the flow so some of the
debug output would not be shown or would say something that's not quite
what was happening.  (Basically, in the existing auto-skip code, he had
broken things out to explain why the skip was being ignored for all the
different cases and I rolled a couple up into one.  So I really should
have scrolled down and kept reading the code instead of assuming the
auto-skip code was the same as the manual skip.)

My only part in the process of fixing this was to guilt Chris into doing
it correctly.  :)  (And, yet, he was very generous with his "slightly
modified version" commit message.)

/me promises not to hack on Myth again without sufficient time to devote
to the process

Mike