[mythtv-users] Mybalster

Paul Mathews pma5201 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 14:31:24 UTC 2007

>> I bought the powerful one (24.99). I disconnected the
>> hauppauge ir tx/rx and connected the below one to my
>> serial port. I thought everything will work magically
>> :) nothing works. I still use the lircd.conf which was
>> built on hauppauge remote. How do I solve this puzzle
>> now? Please let me know
>>
>> Thanks
>> =================
>> I bought a serial Transmitter/Reciever from here:
>>
>> http://stores.ebay.com/LIRC-and-MythTV-Store
>>
>> The blaster works great, and is even capable of
>> controlling my dish 311 box from across the room.
>>

>If you are using the myblaster you will need to use the myblaster
>control script which is avalable at their site or at
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/myblaster/
>
>The myblaster does not use lirc at all so you can kill the lircd daemon.

In this case, the transmitter/reciever he has isn't a myblaster - it's just a standard serial homebrew device.

First I would check that you actually have the lirc_serial module inserted, and if so, run irw and see if you're even getting anything at all. If you are getting codes, then it's time to look at your lircd.conf. The wiki should be of assistance (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LIRC)

If you're not getting any codes, check to make sure that the module is actually loaded, as lirc probably isn't running or it may be reading from the wrong device. Running lircd interactively may be off help here, to really see what is going on (lircd --nodaemon). You may need to do a 'setserial uart none /dev/ttySX' before the lirc_serial module can be loaded.

Paul