[mythtv-users] Kick around an idea for MythTV

Brent brent at brentnorris.net
Tue Apr 3 14:31:02 UTC 2007

Andrew Close wrote:
> i think the idea has merit too.  but i agree that scrolling
> tickers/rss/whatever can be distracting so it would have to be
> configurable/switchable.  it would be nice to use the proposed area
> for CallerID info or other events as well...
Oh it would be I agree, but there are some things that you watch that
aren't specifically visually attractive.  It could be anything.  A golf
game or baseball game.  There is a lot of time between big events, that
is just commonly announcer fill time and then when something happens
your eyes go to the screen.  Nascar races are another example.  You can
still listen to the announcer while you are reading through whatever you
have decided to display on the side.

Me personally, I apparently have developed a brain filter for the ticker
bars and as such and I only notice them when the content of the rest of
the screen is boring enough that I am not interested in it.  I don't
really know how that would work if the information on the "sidebar" was
information that I was actually interested in.

Brent