[mythtv-users] How do I kill a Live TV connection?

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Apr 3 06:46:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, April 3, 2007 06:37, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/02/2007 11:17 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
>>> I ran mythfrontend on my laptop and the laptop froze (unrelated to
>>> myth). When I restart the laptop and mythfrontend and then try to get
>>> back into Live TV, Myth claims the connection
>> the tuner
>>>  is in use and that I must
>>> delete it.
>> delete (or cancel) the recording
>>>  However, I cannot find where in the frontend to delete that
>>> connection. The only way I have been able to do so so far is to restart
>>> the backend.
>> Which is another way.
>>>  Is there a less disruptive way to kill that Live TV
>>> connection? How?
>>
>> By carefully reading the message mythtv gives you and following its
>> instructions.
>>
>> "MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you
>> selected. If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one from
>> the playback menu.  If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the
>> in-progress recordings from the delete menu."
>>
> I read that message carefully, looked carefully throughout the frontend
> for a Delete menu that indicated current Live TV connections, and could
> not find one. Every menu pointed to previously recorded programs. Care
> to point out which Delete menu that message carefully points to?
>
> Andrew Robinson

You saw it, yes, but if you had *really* read it *carefully* you would
have seen that it says:
If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the **in-progress recordings**
from the delete menu.

So you have to delete the in-progress recording that is the show you were
watching... So go to the 'manage recordings' menu to delete (one of) the
running recording(s) to free up the associated tuner...

HTH

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250