[mythtv-users] MacOS Frontend issues (scaling on OS X)

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Apr 3 04:42:25 UTC 2007

There have been several replies addressing the remote control issue, but
no one has mentioned my issues with scaling and or
brightness/contrast/saturation adjustment.

The scaling issue is really a stopper for me. Without being able to vary
the aspect ratio, I get a vertically squashed image with black borders
top and bottom, on my 16x9 HD monitor. Under Linux on the same Mac Mini,
I can use the 'W" keyboard command to vary the aspect ratio and get a
full screen picture with the right aspect ratio,
This doesn't work on OS X.

How do others handle this?