[mythtv-users] TV out for unlisted card?

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Tue Apr 3 01:54:10 UTC 2007

Rod Smith wrote:
> I assume this means you're intending to use some other video source --
> Internet downloads, DVDs, or whatever. Such sources might or might not use
> the MPEG-2 encoding for which XvMC support can be useful
    Correct on the Internet downloads. I also imagined viewing streaming
sources, but that's starting to look like an unsupported feature.
    There's something I don't understand about XvMC though. Why is any
is any coprocessing necessary for TV out anyway? From what I remember
about slow CPUs 800MHz is plenty of smarts to decode your typical MPEG.
If it can keep up with a monitor why would it need any more for a TV out?