[mythtv-users] Another live-tv sound related problem

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Mon Apr 2 21:47:12 UTC 2007

Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:34:40 -0700 From: Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Another live-tv
sound related problem To: Discussion about mythtv
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Message-ID:
<FBF03D44-FD17-4BD5-AD88-9A51260E132F at dermanouelian.com> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" On Apr 2, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Gary wrote:

> > When watching live-tv or recordings, audio volume is not controlled by
> > mythtv; also mythtv "mute" does not mute the sound.  I haven't been
> > able
> > to find the mythtv configuration  that controls  that.
> >
> > Would appreciated being pointed to the correct place.

The above pointer to a FAQ contained:

Ensure that you've got the correct audio output device. To route audio through the default *ALSA* Mixer, change /dev/dsp to /ALSA:default/. To route the audio through *JACK*, change the setting to /JACK:/

Now could someone please explain how to accomplish this????