[mythtv-users] refresh zap2it listings OR proper use of mythfilldatabase command line options?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 2 20:10:29 UTC 2007

On 04/02/2007 03:09 PM, David Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> /me thinks we should either a) remove the --refresh-all option b) remove
>> the --refresh-all "documentation" from --help output, or c) at least
>> make the --refresh-all description less "tempting" by changing "to catch
>> the latest changes" to "in case you've completely horked your listings"
>>
> Last choice, if any, please.  When the time changed, I hadn't gotten
> the DST patch correct before it was already pulling listings after the
> change (incorrectly).  Suddenly, after that date, everything was an
> hour off.  Would have been painful to fix without --refresh-all!!

My favorite button--"Delete all video sources"--would have done it.  :)

Although, again, the daily updates would have cleared it up for you.  If
you had 4 days of bad data at the end of the timespan (i.e. let's say
+10 through +13), the +10 data would have been fixed in 9 days, etc.  If
you're an unlucky (untimely?) procrastinator, and you had all bad data
(i.e. you updated your TZ data right after mfdb ran on the day of the
changeover), you could have still used --refresh-today and then let
daily updates do their thing.

However, I can understand wanting to fix several days of completely
inaccurate data rather than "imprecise" data (i.e. wrong data versus
"not descriptive enough" data) and--since the most the politicians will
be able to mess with our DST is once per year--doing so for this reason
is probably not that big a deal.  :)

Mike