[mythtv-users] Anybody using an Xbox360 universal remote?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Apr 2 19:20:28 UTC 2007

>>From what I can gather, it uses RC-6. so it won't work with the Hauppauge
> IR sensor (the Hauppauge sensor, unless they changed it in the PVR-150,
> uses RC-5).  It might work with the MCE receiver (as it uses RC-6), but I
> have no proof of that.  It can, however, be used with a receiver like the
> irman that accepts any signal.

I think this is an important point:  the IR receiver (the actual thing
that's on the end of a wire that plugs into the PVR card) doesn't care
about RC-5, RC-6, etc.  It's a pretty passive device that just captures
the IR.  The circuitry that's on the _card_ is the one that only
understands RC-5 IR protocol.  That's why you can take the IR receiver
and use it with the simple IR detector circuit on the lirc homepage.