[mythtv-users] lirc_serial fails under load, alternatives?

Mark Covington markcov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:24:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using LIRC and a serial port receiver with Myth.  After a short
discussion on the LIRC mailing list, I'm finding that heavy interrupt
usage such as recording a couple HD programs causes some codes to be
incorrectly decoded.

See - http://www.lirc.org/html/technical.html#bugs

I have an HDHomerun so it probably generates twice as many interrupts
using the network port and hard drive.

So, with all the other huge multituner Myth boxes out there I can't be
the only one with this problem.  What have other people done to avoid
this problem?

USB remote?
Hardware decoder?

My box - AMD64 3800+ X2