[mythtv-users] very low glxgears fps

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 02:15:07 UTC 2007

I unplugged my machine from the tv and put it with a display, that
outputted out at a smaller resolution 800x600 I believe), and opened a
terminal to check gkxgears (prior I had been outputting to fullscreen
via an ssh session and export DISPLAY=:0).

I had better results (around the thousands, not much higher, and
dipped well below 1000 fps as well).

I also threw in a geForce 6200 to see if that would do the trick, but
that had the same results as the 5200.  So I am thinking either the
AGP port has problems or something in my software config.  Again, any
help is very welcome!