[mythtv-users] External channel change not passing channel

duck tduckett at tdux.com
Sun Apr 1 23:36:25 UTC 2007

Robin Gilks wrote:

> This might seem a silly question but you do have the channel number filled
> in for the channel?
>
> I'm talking about the channel number at the top of the *second* screen of
> the channel setup in mythtv-setup - the channel number on the first screen
> is only used to determine what you type in at the keyboard or the remote
> to select the channel.
>
> The second screen number is used to select the tuner channel number, or in
> the case of an external changer, the value to pass to the changer script.

This was the problem!  I have tried everything and would not have
thought about adding the channel number on the second page!  I added a
few in and tested and it is now passing the channel number!

I was able to go back to the original channel_changer script I wrote.

#!/bin/bash
 echo $1 $2 > /capture/watched_channels
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup channel $1

Again thank you!!!