[mythtv-users] USB to USB on DirecTV D11?

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sun Apr 1 19:59:16 UTC 2007

Kevin Plew wrote:
> Hugh wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I have a motherboard with no serial ports (Abit NF-M2 nView). I don't
>> suppose there's any way to connect a USB cable between my DirecTV D11
>> and that to change channels. Or do I need to have two USB-Serial
>> adapters and a null modem cable between them? Is that even possible or
>> am I stuck with using the IR blaster?

Actually, I have two USB-Serial adapters and a null modem adapter (not
the cable) and it works flawlessly.   Economically speaking though, it
was ~$60 US for the parts (I tried a cheaper USB-Serial adapter that
didn't work and had to purchase two of the IOGears).  The other person
who replied, and bought 2 D10-100's for $1.00 a piece has the right idea
in that regard....  But to your point.  It works great!!!!!!