[mythtv-users] Mailing list Q: threading not working?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 1 19:22:04 UTC 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 01/04/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
>> I don't see threading in my MUA, even though it's set. Is the
>> mailing list
>> supplying threading info in the headers? If not, could the list
>> manager be
>> kind enough to turn it on?
>
> Have you tried another MUA aside from Squirrelmail?
>
> From Peter's reply to your message, I see the following header:

> and from your original message, the header:

> Needless to say, GMail is handling threads (including this one)
> very well :)

SquirrelMail was never intended to be a full-fledged MUA. I know, I
use it a lot, but I would never use it for reading mailing lists for
precisely the reason you are talking about.

There are some plugins available for SquirrelMail that enhance the
ability to handle messages, but you'll never get all the
functionality of a real mail program, it just was never intended to
do that.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org