[mythtv-users] External channel change not passing channel

Kevin Plew kevin at plewnet.com
Sun Apr 1 18:26:05 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/01/2007 04:25 AM, duck wrote:
>
>> David Watkins wrote:

>>> you could edit your channel change script to echo the parameter into
>>> an file.  Then you would find out:
>>>
>>> a)  whether myth was actually calling the script.
>>> b)  what parameter (if any) myth is passing to it.
>>>
>> I wrote a simple shell script:
>>
>> channel_changer
>> echo $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8  $9 > test
>> /capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel $1
>>
>> output in test
>> /channel/changer
>>
>> The channel number is never being passed.
>>
> Chances are your command is not properly configured.  (PATH problem?)
> So, without your providing info on how you've configured it, it's hard
> for us to tell you how to fix the configuration...  ;)
>
> Mike

I had problems with the "box_type" option.

This what I have:

External Change Command "/usr/bin/change_channel /dev/ttyUSB0"

/usr/bin/change_channel looks like this

#!/bin/sh
if [ "X$1" = "X" ] || [ "X$2" = "X" ]; then
       echo "Usage: $0 <port> <channel number>"
       echo
       exit;
fi
/usr/local/bin/directv.pl port $1 setup_channel $2 hide

I used the latest version of directv.pl from this website: http://www.pdp8.net/directv/directv.shtml

Most of this came from the wiki but I played with baudrate and box_type which don't work. Make sure everything is executable by mythtv.