[mythtv-users] Mailing list Q: threading not working?

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sun Apr 1 17:47:40 UTC 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Lan Barnes wrote:

> I don't see threading in my MUA, even though it's set. Is the
> mailing list
> supplying threading info in the headers? If not, could the list
> manager be
> kind enough to turn it on?
>
> This is a high vol list, and I would like to be able to delete threads
> that don't pertain to me.

It's nothing to do with the mailing list. Threading is handled by
the MUA, based (mostly) on References headers in the email, added
by the sender of the mail.

I'm seeing valid References headers on mail here, so it seems something
is broken with your mail setup. (IIRC Squirrelmail doesn't really
support
threading, it relies on the backend IMAP store to do threading, which
some don't. I could be entirely wrong, but it might be something worth
looking at).

Cheers,
   Steve