[mythtv-users] Browsing Recordings by Rule (rather than title)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Sep 30 18:21:55 UTC 2006

* On Sat Sep 30, 2006 at 02:10:29AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Well, that took about ten minutes... so now I'll probably
> spend more time on mail than code ;-).

Actually, I have another idea to throw out there now that I've
been messing with this for a few minutes. :)

The view mask combo box has always bugged me a little.
Now we have two additional things that could be added to the
mask: the watch list and searches.

Would it make sense to get rid of the DisplayGroupDefaultView setting
in and modify the 'Change Group View' popup menu to have a group of
buttons on it instead of the current combobox.

So instead of a combobox with the following options:

    Show Titles only
    Show Titles and Categories
    Show Titles, Categories, and Recording Groups
    Show Titles and Recording Groups
    Show Categories only
    Show Categories and Recording Groups
    Show Recording Groups only

We'd instead have a popup with the following toggle buttons:

    Show Titles
    Show Categories
    Show Recording Groups
    Show Watch List
    Show Searches

The user could popup the menu and toggle these on and off.  Then we
don't need a specific setting to enable the Watch List and the
Searches virtuals.  We'd store the value of the generated mask in
the settings table, but it doesn't need to be edittable in the
normal settings area.

If this makes sense, do you want me to add it to my TODO or have
you finished coding it already? :)

--
Chris