[mythtv-users] Mythvideo now shows dirs with no playable files in

Neil Sedger mythtv-users at moley.org.uk
Fri Sep 29 19:44:02 UTC 2006

Ah, I thought it had gotten quicker!  :-)

So at the moment if a directory contains no playable files or other directories it shouldn't show up, but if a directory contains another directory then it'll show up because it hasn't scanned the directory two levels down?

If thats the case then I'd probably prefer it stayed as it is - an empty dir in the list is a minor inconvenience compared to the speed boost in going from menu -> file list.

The ultimate solution would be to split off another thread that runs round all the dirs and scans them in 'level' order, re-prioritising itself as the user navigates through the on-screen structure. I don't know if that's worth the development effort though :-)

Cheers
Neil