[mythtv-users] Looking for help with xorg.conf

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Fri Sep 29 18:03:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 10:36:44AM -0700, Andrew Davis wrote:

> >Option "ConnectedMonitor"  "TV, DFP"
> >
> >These are from the nVidia 9625 driver (currently available as a beta
> >driver from nVidia).  Options for connected monitor are:
> >
> >TV
> >DFP (digital flat panel)
> >CRT (traditional monitor)
> >
> So in the above, a TV is a traditional TV while DFP would be an LCD *or*
> an HD-type TV (plasma)? I'm confused on how they define TV since so many
> newer TVs are also monitors. Do I assume CRT for a CRT, DFP for an LCD,
> and TV for a TV regardless of the type of TV? I guess put another way,
> is a widescreen plasma considered a TV or a DFP by nvidia?

I believe DFP covers any monitor connected through the DVI port, CRT is
the vga port and TV covers s-video, component, and composite.

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"