[mythtv-users] Ongoing Fedora YUM Dependency Problems

stan stanlist at cox.net
Fri Sep 29 15:20:36 UTC 2006

Network install here (over the home lan) takes about two hours with lots of
"custom install" included packages.  No problem with that; it's expected.

But, the first upgrade (yum -y upgrade) takes about four or five hours. (so
it runs overnight).

What's the trick to finding faster upgrade sources?

Are there trustworthy "secret" distribution CD's that have already been
upgraded?  Something like FC5.1?  (That has a ring to it.)  Or, is that what
FC6 is about?

--stan