[mythtv-users] Not Recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 29 06:25:40 UTC 2006

On 09/29/06 01:22, Jameson wrote:

>     Did you remove the video sources using the "Delete All"
>     button.  If not,
>     removing them did nothing useful (so try again with the "Delete All"
>     button).
>

> I'm sure that I used either Delete All or Delete All On, and it's my
> only myth box at the moment.
>
> I tried both mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -p<password> mythconverg and
> optimize_mythdb.pl, but neither have helped thus far.  It's driving me
> crazy that it won't even list the show as supposed to be recorded.
> I'm debating on blowing away my whole db, and starting it over.  Any
> other thoughts before I give that a shot?
>
> Thanks for the help, so far.

It's almost definitely a misconfiguration in the video sources/input
connections.  And, quite likely, when you deleted and re-created them,
you re-created them misconfigured.  Play around with the settings in
there and I'm certain you'll eventually find what needs changing.  May
help to go back and read the HOWTO as if you were setting up Myth for
the first time. ( http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall )

Mike