[mythtv-users] when modules load in different order MythTV hangs silently

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 03:58:51 UTC 2006

On 29/09/06, Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz> wrote:

> BTW, I entered bttv into my /etc/modules hoping that it would force the
> bttv to load _before_ the ivtv but it didn't help - tried to reboot
> several times and found out that the bttv and ivtv modules load in
> random order, basically different one each time I reboot :-|

Best solution is to use udev to create devices nodes (as symlinks from
existing rules) such as /dev/ivtv and /dev/bttv - see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/223841 for me
information and http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html for a
great primer on udev.

MythTV Official wiki: