[mythtv-users] Can't access my Mp3 collection

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Fri Sep 29 00:44:13 UTC 2006

Okay, I think it was an issue with my filesystem structure... I removed
the whole thing, then re-uploaded it and the set the same permissions.
The only difference is that I removed all white-space and such from my
collection. Must've been something related to that.

Related, now that I can access and play my MP3 collection, I've noticed
that while I can navigate to music and play it, I can't control my
volume or use some other controls. For example, volume up/down and mute
don't work. And hitting "Stop" drills in on the track's info. Presumably
I need some keys mapped in my lircrc. Can someone tell me what the
underlying app is for MP3 playback? Is is mplayer, xmms, etc? I need to
know so I can get some key mappings...

One other question... most of my collection is label as such:

01-Track_Name.mp3

I notice that when I queue up a directory of music to play, its playing
1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3... How do I make it sort "intelligently", ie: 1, 2,
3... 9, 10, 11, 12, etc?