[mythtv-users] 0.20 Mythweb a bit too optimistic

Marko Nurmenniemi marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi
Thu Sep 28 20:58:03 UTC 2006

Robin Hill wrote:
> On Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 11:05:20PM +0300, Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
>

>>     Hi,
>>
>> Since updating to 0.20 and enabling the EPG EIT update from DVB-T
>> network here in Finland I noticed that Mythweb gives me the following
>> data to "MythTV Backend Status" window.
>> " There's guide data until 2037-03-12 06:05 (11125 days)."
>> I do know that there is some future info in the stream but this seems
>> maybe a bit excessive?
> I've had the same issue - dates both far in the future and also in the
> past.  Really slows mythweb to a crawl.  I've set up a nightly job to
> run the following SQL to clean out these dates:
>
>   delete from program
>   where starttime < date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 day)
>   or starttime > date_add(curdate(), interval 14 day);
>
> HTH,
>         Robin

After a bit of thinking...I have almost no experience of database
manipulations...I took the original Mythtv setup instructions and logged
into the mythconverg DB by making the following spell (as root since I
happened to be logged as root in a terminal window).

[root at janus ~]# mysql -u mythtv -p_your_own_passwd_here mythconverg
        > delete from program where starttime < date_sub(curdate(),
interval 1 day) or starttime > date_add(curdate(), interval 14 day);

some seconds passed and database is again clean and operational as
ever...only 7 days of data remains.

Thanks.
-M