[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

Timothy Waters timothy.waters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 19:35:58 UTC 2006

Organization. That is my goal. I want a directory for livetv and one for
recordings and one for dvd rips. In the recordings directory, I would like
subdirectories for each tv show wherein the episodes reside. The problem is
that if I want to burn a show or move the mpg from the recordings directory
to somewhere else, it is usually trial and error to find which file is what.
That means opening many in MPlayer just to find the one I want. I hope that
helps.

On 9/28/06, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:

> Timothy Waters wrote:
> >

> > On 9/28/06, *Tom Lichti* <tom at redpepperracing.com
> > <mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Timothy Waters wrote:
> >     > I checked the list archive but that only confused me further. I
> want
> >     > to have a separate livetv directory and a separate recordings
> >     directory.
> >     Not possible with current code.
> >

> > Does anybody know why that feature was taken out a couple of versions
> > ago? That was so convenient. Isn't this coming back in the form of a
> > SVN patch recently?
>
> No, it's not coming back. There has been some work on making multiple
> recording directories possible, but it still wouldn't do what you want.
> You didn't explain WHY you want to have separate sub-directories, so all
> the answers are somewhat vague. If we knew what you were trying to
> accomplish, maybe there is a solution.
>
> Tom

Timothy Waters
timothy.waters at gmail.com
http://www.e-Waters.org
205-587-9001

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of
man." Albert Einstein(1946)