[mythtv-users] MythTV Virtual PC

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Sep 28 15:18:00 UTC 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Ben Dash wrote:

> Has anybody tried to run MythTV on a Virtual PC?
>
> Did it work?

Do you mean the "VirtualPC" which is a specific Microsoft product for
running Windows or other OSes on a PPC Mac, or do you mean a virtual
machine in general, which would include several products for
virtualizing PC hardware?

I've not tried any such method but you will probably get more
meaningful responses if you are more specific as to what you mean.

I suspect such an endeavor is futile, as the speed penalty of
virtualization is extreme and there are often problems with specific
hardware drivers, but you never know.